Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yeah, this does suck.

When the economy hit the wall, and people started to lose jobs left and right, I didn't want to say I had a job that was secure and that my familly and I would be alright.  I wanted to be cautious and be ready for the worst.  Save some money up.  Keep my options open.  Start a side business.  Great Recession, you're not going to catch me off guard!

Oops.

You know the feeling if you already have gone through a layoff, or someone has told you before what its like.  So I'm not going to sit here and give you the typical sob and bitch story.  What has happened has happened.  Like Charlie Sheen, I will soon be unemployed.

OK, maybe I'll sob and bitch a little.  I've never gone through this before.  Most of the time, companies have gone out of business after I left, not before.  Now, I'm worried in the morning, confident at lunch time, indifferent in the afternoon and crying at bedtime.  The next day I'll do it again in reverse order.

The thing that bothers me most is not the lack of a full paycheck.  I am very bothered when I see pictures of my family vacations in the past few years.  My wife, son and I have gone to Maryland, South Padre Island and Colorado in the past few years.  I am now pissed that I will not be able to provide a family vacation for my family this year.

I am using that to motivate me.  I'm going to bust my butt and find a better job, even in this bad economy.  And we're going to be alright.

And to my fellow coworkers,  every single one of you are great and talented people.  I am thankful I got to know and work with each and every one of you.

It sucks, but we're going to get through this.

1 comment:

  1. Dennis,
    I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Janice & I will pray for you to find a better job soon. I know that you are a strong person who will over come & survive.
    GOD bless you my Friend.
    Burwin

    ReplyDelete